|Rabbit Study/ oil on board/ 4" x 4"/ sold|
Today, in addition to looking at the warm and cool contrast in the rabbit's fur, I tried out a round brush. This brush seemed to smooth out the color jumps from the square strokes of the chiseled flat (most obvious in the ear). I changed back to the flat for the background and liked the texture that this gives.
Also, I started experimenting with silk dyes today. I paint silk with dyes in a manner similar to watercolor. This is a sampler of the basic colors before steaming (which intensifies the colors).These particular dyes must set for 24 hours before steaming so I will eventually show the difference in the dyes before and after steaming. I am considering "Silk Saturday or Sunday" as a goal, in addition to Watercolor Wednesday. We'll see how that goes.