Monday, January 28, 2013

Color Frolic

Color Frolic/ oil on board/ 4" x 4"/ gifted
Today is day twenty-seven of Leslie Saeta's Thirty in Thirty Challenge. My theme is color.

This little painted horse kept needing more color as it progressed from a black and white to a purple, orange, and blue group of darks plus a variety of lighter colors. I wanted the little horse to be moving,   so I pulled the paint through the edges. This was fun to try.



I also worked on more of the under layers for the small watercolor   for Wednesday. I wanted to demonstrate the difference between warm and cool again.



The colors used were permanent rose, ultramarine blue, cobalt blue and indian yellow. Cobalt blue is a cooler blue and mixed with permanent rose makes a cooler purple. The use of the warm and cool already gives the beginning form.


2 comments:

  1. I love the vibrant colors in this horse painting,as well as the action it contains.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Roger. Your own color use in your paintings makes this comment mean a lot to me.

    ReplyDelete