Friday, January 18, 2013

Let Sleeping Dogs Lie and Stage 1 of Watercolor Wednesday

Let Sleeping Dogs Lie/ oil on board/ 4" x 4"/SOLD
This is day 17 of the Thirty in Thirty Challenge (link). I thought this little sleeping dog would be another subject to continue to explore color.

I especially like the splash of the green on the dog's nose which is the compliment to the background red.

Recently, I have been working on some large watercolor paintings which are not suitable for my daily small painting posts. To be certain that I continue to have watercolor represented in small format, I am starting "Watercolor Wednesdays" where at least one completed small watercolor will be posted weekly.



This is the first stage of next Wednesday's post. The background has been painted with windsor purple, burnt sienna, indanthrone, indian yellow and sap, skip's and undersea greens  (tube greens are all mixed the preceding colors in varying combinations). The paper is Fabriano cold pressed 140 # that has been presoaked and stretched. Fabriano allows the colors to be easily lifted and gently blended.


No comments:

Post a Comment