Friday, February 6, 2015

Pondering...and what's new

Pondering the Shot/ oil on gesso board/ 7 x 5
Sold, thank you
I have been playing with color in all of my art again. Here is a study of the light on this golfer using mostly transparent colors. The advantage of transparent colors is that if a color doesn't suit, you can paint over it with less risk of making muddy colors.

Most of my absence from recent blogging has been due to the time spent painting large paintings to submit to competitive national juried shows. I don't expect to jury into the best shows that I enter (yet) but I do find that I learn the most by working to achieve this. I, therefore, was extremely happy and honored to learn that my painting "Bearing" juried into the Southern Watercolor Society 38th Annual Juried Exhibition 2015  (link) which will be at the Customs House Museum, Clarksville, TN opening May 8, 2015. I will post it to my web site soon. It is a large bird painting that feels very airy and oriental to me and it features some beautiful reds....

No comments:

Post a Comment