Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Commission #3

I have posted this painting without correcting the lighting and "living with it" for a little while. I think what I especially like about this painting is the color of the skin color against the blue background.

Artist Note: The skin has a lot of burnt sienna (orange) which is the compliment of the grey-blue background and the skin is warm, against the cool background.

I now feel that this painting is "done"  (as learning artists, we wonder how to know when a painting is done. The best answer I have heard is "when there is nothing else you can add") So I am posting this again, with good lighting, "done"  in the series of commissions.  There are some commissions that are secrets for Christmas so I can't post them (yet).

Happy Thanks giving!!

No comments:

Post a Comment