Saturday, December 3, 2016

Gold Leafed Monarch

Gold Leaf Monarch/ oil and gold leaf  on board/ 5 x 7
Purchase here
When I visited my artist sister Kate Church (link), we talked about gold leafing. (Kate had recently purchased one of my golf-leaf enhanced watercolors. Yes, I did write "purchased". Kate is an amazing artist. She understands the expense of art materials and refused to accept my work as a gift. Instead, she gave ME a wonderful gift. Her ongoing support and confidence are so much and always appreciated).
So here is my first gold leaf-enhanced oil painting. Those of you close to me know that raising monarchs is a passion of mine. This is one of my monarchs that flew this fall. I had such a great time working on this that I purchase silver and copper (and more gold) leaf to try!!

I have also promised a new blog format for 2017. To kick it off, I will be offering a little "give away". If you already subscribe to my blog, you will be entered. If you know someone who might want to subscribe, check it out in Jan and share (tell me with whom) and I will enter you again for your referral (and if your person actually subscribes, they will be entered). Hope your holiday shopping is going well!!

No comments:

Post a Comment