Friday, July 3, 2015

High Key Little Pig


I struggled with this cute little pig yesterday. I don't mind struggling over a painting. however, I like to understand why something isn't working. Let;s start with the eyes. I usually like very realistic eyes but they didn't work in this little pig, so I left the little button eyes, though this was after several repainting. The colors: pinks are always a challenge for me and I had to have a "cool" to set back the left side of the face and a "warm" to round the advancing parts of the pig. I finally settled on glazing a purple mix and a light yellow over the underpainting. I also glazed a thin white over the background to add more light. Maybe all of my struggles were with the high key and limited value range of this little guy.  happy 4th!!

No comments:

Post a Comment