Saturday, September 21, 2013

Chessmen (second version)

I don't usually post my larger paintings on my blog. However, I wanted to share this painting.
I have painted a different image of these men, painted in different colors. That particular painting (Chessmen (version1) juried into The Emerald Art Center  (Oregon) National Juried Show in 2012.
I am thrilled that this painting, Chessmen (version 2), by its acceptance in the North Carolina Watercolor Society National Juried Show 2013, earned my Signature Status.  In addition, this painting was awarded the "Russell Yerkes Service Award"' and was selected for the travel show. For people close to me, Barton College will host the WSNC Traveling Exhibition after the Blowing Rock exhibition closes. The opening date will be Wednesday, November 6, 2013. A reception is scheduled for Saturday, November 9th 5 to 7pm at the Case Art Building,  Art Gallery Building on the Barton College campus. The exhibition closes December 16, 2013.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations!!! Such wonderful news!!! I am so very happy for you...not surprised at all. Your work is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete