Monday, June 24, 2013

Iris Improved

Iris Study #10/ oil on board/ 6" x 6"/ $125
This iris titled "Orange Beard Study" from May 25 seemed to have a problem with the dark large leaf and the foreground fall (see image lower left). I had completed and love the color transition of the foreground fall of Iris Study #9, so before painting today's subject, I decided to improve this iris.
Now, I love the subtle color passage on the new foreground fall. In addition, I broke up the dark mass of the iris leaf by adding some lighter color strokes to it.
Together, these are now wonderful companion pieces!

Unfortunately,  my pet today was a "wipe".

No comments:

Post a Comment