Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Summer Colors

I was outside in the sunshine and watched the swallowtails this morning. The sun catches the wings and makes them almost iridescent.
I decided to alter the painting I had done and add some blues to try and show this iridescence. Interesting to me, is this example of a photograph where only the new paint has a glare...the blues in the wing. In life, this looks a lot better and I think the blues add to the original seen below.






I have also been working on a series of cut flowers from the yard in a ball jar.  Here is the most recent.








Summer Flowers/ Ball Jar #3/ oil on canvas on board/ SOLD

These are all painted with a transparent underlayer, wet on wet. Somehow, I seem to repaint the backgrounds for these in the same colors.

Now, I want to paint a bouquet of coneflowers in a clear jar...with blues in the background...

No comments:

Post a Comment