Thursday, January 23, 2014

Vase and Pear Study

Vase and Pear Study/oil on board/ 6 x 6/ $100
I haven't posted much lately because I am working on improving. Often, that requires a lot of experimentation and lots of paper or wiped canvases.
As part of this improvement, I have also been reading and recently read that Sargent, as a young painter spent 10 hours a day learning to paint and he did this for years. Helps, to be reminded that learning to paint takes time and effort.
Artsist Note:
Ib this painting my objective was to paint the continuation of objects: one thing leads into the next. I addition, I am working on understanding edges. Therefore, I painted the form and cast shadows as a single unit and then added reflected light.

http://www.dailypaintworks.com/fineart/sue-churchgrant/vase-and-pear-study/195851

No comments:

Post a Comment