Sunday, January 12, 2014

Catch Up

Small carnation study/ oil on board/ 4x4

This past week I have been a little under the weather and faced with large painting deadlines. Here are some of the exercises completed while working on the large paintings.
This is my first carnation study.













Carnation Study #2/ oil on board/ 6x6/ $100
This study is larger (still only 6 x6). I was working on more color differences in the reds, and more stroke variability in the flowers themselves.


http://www.dailypaintworks.com/fineart/sue-churchgrant/carnation-study-2/192877

SOLD
Next, I lightened the shadow on the right hand figure. And then there were several wiped studies in the week's efforts.

I did manage to get paintings entered into the show deadlines for this weekend. I'll post if they are accepted.
Here's to a great week, with improved health!

No comments:

Post a Comment