Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Wish you were here

I love teaching, especially when it is a class full of people that "dare greatly". This is such a class. However, it is fantastic to have this mix of ages (you can't see but less than half of our class in this photo). The young artists "jump in" to the assignments. The teens "sneak up on it" carefully outlining what they will paint, (sometime soon : shadows and safe bits first). The adult learners all mercilessly allow the "voices" that stop us to slow them waaaaaaay down. ( I haven't painted for awhile, my paint is old, I don't know how to draw and really I don't want to fail). Quieting the voice, taking deep breaths and then just jumping...The class is quiet. Everyone is concentrating... and we are painting. How lucky to share this!
Off to class now and sorry, I love it but it makes me tired....so I may miss some posts.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a fabulous opportunity for all students! Wish I lived closer!

    ReplyDelete

  2. Thanks, Maria. I wish you were closer also! Today we studied successive contrast and we left with tired eyes still seeing afterimages!

    ReplyDelete