Sunday, July 21, 2013

Velvet in Rainbow Colors

Velvet in Rainbow Colors/ watercolor/ 8" x 8"/ $75
I am almost finished a year of daily paintings. As I begin to outline next year's goals, I know that I will complete a group of well-executed large watercolors. Some smaller paintings will be studies for these large paintings and some will be completed for fun or for a sense of closure. This is such a painting: a warm-up of an image that has been in my mind.

Artist Note: The colors in this are Jean Haines' palette: translucent orange, cobalt turquoise, winsor purple, scarlet red, sap green and a little ivory black. Most of these are transparent colors, so they merge and don't make mud.

http://www.dailypaintworks.com/fineart/sue-churchgrant/velvet-in-rainbow-colors/155538

No comments:

Post a Comment