Friday, September 30, 2016

Revised Completely

So far, this is just an i phone image of this painting on my easel.
 Yesterday, while I was warming up, I took from my stack of "something isn't quite right after I have lived with these paintings" and repainted the vase.  I wanted it less tight. Next, I repainted the sunflowers to be a sunny yellow. Better with the yellow, I changed to more purple hydrangeas. The white on the coneflower petals cooled and dulled them. These changes meant that I wanted to brighten the background ....

One change in your painting usually means that something else needs to change...

Totally different
I will look again later and see if I am happy now!!

No comments:

Post a Comment