Friday, October 24, 2014

Zinnias and Glass

Zinnias in Glass/ oil on board/ 5 x 7/ HH
I have been busy since the thirty day challenge. During my blog absence, I was thrilled to learn that my painting "Glide" was accepted into the Kansas Watercolor Society National Exhibition 2014.
I have also started notes for 2015, when I plan to have a weekly newsletter with more information (and process shots) which will probably replace this blog. If you are interested, I will have sign up information when I am ready to begin.

This painting was inspired by my sister-in-law, who brought her end-of-season peach zinnias to paint this week. Her painting was so beautiful that I wanted to try something similar. I have a few more zinnias and some nasturtiums in my garden before the cold arrives next week, so I'll try to have some of them in the paintings that I put together for my upcoming Christmas wishes paintings of "favorite things" and 2015 Santas.

No comments:

Post a Comment