Sunday, July 20, 2014

July Joy

July Joy/ oil on gesso board/ 5 x 7/ SOLD
I love the watercolors of Charles Reid (link) and Joseph Zbukvic (link). I love the oil paintings of Carolyn Anderson (link). If you have a few minutes, click on the links and see what you think.

As I work each day to improve, I see, in my mind's eye what each of these artists have mastered. They each paint realistic subjects into an abstracted beautiful painting. This is my quest and my desire.

This little boy has found his heart's desire. He expresses what I feel as I step onto the beach and feel the warm sand on my feet and the surrounding sunlight and hear the crashing of the waves. This is the same joy I feel as I paint and what I hope to feel some day when my vision matches my completed painting. Until then, I am thankful to keep learning.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment