Monday, May 27, 2013

Spring Bouquet

Spring Bouquet/oil on board/ 6" x 6"/ SOLD
Some days (like yesterday) I just can't paint. All the colors are mushy and grey. The edges are too sharp or too soft or just not right. Today, painting was so much easier. This is the painting that I was going for yesterday (Yesterday's was so bad that it had been scraped and scraped and finally was suitable only for the bin.)  Today, I gessoed a scrap of mat board and tested each color mix before applying a deliberate stroke exactly where I wanted that color to be. I love the fresh, clean colors this resulted in.



In addition, I almost finished the large wall quilt that is to be my "Welcome Grant" gift. Grant came earlier than his great aunt anticipated, being a first child and all.
Here is a "sneak peek" of this gift, almost completed. This gender neutral quilt is from a pattern by Keri Designs (link). Keri is a very talented quilt artist who has permission from Charley Harper's estate to use some of his designs in the most amazing wall quilts. Keri's patterns are full-sized, well written and easy to follow. If you are not familiar with Charley Harper's wonderful work (link) you can start with this site. I also love the board books that incorporate his designs.


No comments:

Post a Comment